This is my favorite article written by Ann Landers back in 1992. It was in the local Rhode Island newspaper, I believe it is published by Ann every Valentines day, but anyway I cut it out and posted it on my refridgerator and it was there for a very long time - until we moved. It got lost in the shuffle and packed away or even thrown away if my hubby had anything to do with it. He is NOT a pack rat like me.
I think these are greatest rules to live by and want to share them with all of my bloggy friends. Enjoy!
- Never both be angry at once
- Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire
- Yield to the wishes of the other as an exercise in self-discipline if you can't think of a better reason
- If you have a choice of making yourself or your mate look good, choose your mate
- If you feel you must criticize, do so lovingly
- Never bring up a mistake of the past. Your silence will be greatly appreciated
- Neglect the whole world rather than each other
- Never let the day end without saying one complimentary thing to your life's partner
- Never meet without an affectionate greeting
- When you've said or done something hurtful, acknowledge it and ask for forgiveness
- Remember it takes two to get an argument going. Invariably the one who is wrong is the one who will be doing the most talking - (my personal favorite)
- Never go to bed mad