Saturday, April 20, 2013

Support!

Gosh, it's almost May and I haven't posted a damn thing!  

I have been quite busy with my photography - trying to make a living from it, home, work and other life's challenges.  These are all very lame excuses but hey, I had to defend myself some how.

Speaking of challenges, I got myself into doing a half marathon. Yup 13.1 miles of stupidity.  It's for a very good cause - LLS (Lukemia & Lymphoma Society), but I was never a long distance walker.  Ain't nobody got time for that!  But, im going to make time and walk till I drop.  You may think it's easy, not so much when you haven't exercised in over 10 years.  I'm sweating just thinking about it or could that be a hot flash.  I forgot to mention that I am no spring chicken either  - that's right, I am now considered OTH and on the downhill side of life.  Oh BTW, it was a hot flash.  Damn those things.

Let's get back to that 13.1 mile thing.  Did you know that's about a 4 hour walk at a pace of 16 minutes per mile.  Who the hell, wants to walk for 4 hours - I can barely drive for that long and my legs start cramping up and I start twitching.  God, that means I need to set a goal to walk really fast, SHIT!  

GOAL:13 minute miles = 4.6 miles per hour
TIME: 2.8 hours (round trip)

See how well I am doing!


Oh and before I forget, your support for this awesome trek of mine would be most helpful!  No amount of donation is small. Donate Here!





No comments: