Sunday, November 15, 2009

Quotable Sunday #4

Mothers Day Gift Ideas



Had a very successful Scentsy party this weekend so I thought I would attribute my quotes to parties this week

Never be the first to arrive at a party or the last to go home, and never, ever be both.  ~David Brown, quoted in Reader's Digest "Quotable Quotes," April 2004

At every party there are two kinds of people - those who want to go home and those who don't.  The trouble is, they are usually married to each other.  ~Ann Landers

I am thankful for the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.  ~Nancie J. Carmody


To join in the fun or to see what other topics are being quoted, visit A Daily Dose of Toni

8 comments:

Omix4 said...

Oh, oh, I was the first to arrive and last to leave, am I in trouble?

Unknown said...

Nah, not sure what that all meant anyway. LOL!

Shelley said...

I love this one:

At every party there are two kinds of people - those who want to go home and those who don't. The trouble is, they are usually married to each other. ~Ann Landers

Good choice of quotes and congrats on having a successful party!

Unknown said...

Love the one by Ann Landers! I have friends that are so like that!
Happy Sunday!

Peggy said...

Ann Landers had a way to get to the point. Love her...At every party there are two kinds of people - those who want to go home and those who don't. The trouble is, they are usually married to each other.

Unknown said...

The Ann Lander's quote made me chuckle since my Quotable Sunday is about marriage ;} I must've missed that one ,lol

Becca said...

Great quotes! I love the first one...but the second one is totally my grandparents!!!

Serendipity is Sweet said...

Those are great! I love the second one.
And I agree with the first unless you are best friends...then you should always be the first to arrive with a great big smile, and some last minute help, and the last to go so you can help clean up :D